Help > Extra info en partners > Boekhouding WoordenBookie

Migratie vanuit en naar buitenland

What is an M-form and when do I use it?

In the year of migration a so called M form must be filed with the tax authorities. The M form is a complicated tax form. It combines a foreign period with a resident period. Whether income in both periods must be declared in the M form depends on the specific situation. Normally the M form will show a tax refund.

This is what de Belastingdienst tells us.

You may not file your tax return in digital form if you lived in the Netherlands for only part of the year because you immigrated to or emigrated from the Netherlands in 2018. In that case, you must use Form M.

If you have received an M Form, you are required to file your return before the deadline stated on the return form. If you need more time, you may apply for a postponement by writing to the tax office (only available in Dutch) that is competent in your case. You will find the address on the tax return.

Applying for an M form

If you did not receive an M Form from the Tax and Customs Administration and you wish to file a tax return for 2018, you can apply for an M form.

The Explanatory Notes for the M form are only available in Dutch. You can't file the M form electronically, it must be filed on paper. In general it is advsied to aks the assistance of a tax adviso for this type of tax form.

The Bookie can help

We can help you filling the proper forms and answer you questions in English. 

door Mari Laatste update: 14 Mrt, 2019